Chowan University offers a specialized curriculum for preparing students for teaching Social Studies in 9th through 12th grade classes.
Social Studies Education students will learn:
- Geographic skills
- Characteristics of past and present societies
- Issues and problems that have persisted throughout history
- The social, political, and economic institutions in societies
- The political, economic, social, and psychological behavior of people
- The skills needed for problem solving, decision-making, planning,
- Constructive attitudes toward diversity, change, conflict, and uncertainty
- And, apply this knowledge in a classroom of their own
By combining classes from across the Chowan campus, including:
- Criminal Justice
- Political Science
Chowan University prepares Social Studies Education students with the broad base of knowledge they will need to teach the next generation.
Let Chowan University provide you with the education you
will need to educate others!