- Submit your Application for Admission into the School of Graduate Studies. Applicants may apply online now by clicking here.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. If you are paying with a check, the check must be made to Chowan University. You may also pay your application fee online by clicking here.
- Request your official High School Transcripts
- Request your official college transcripts from all undergraduate and any graduate institutions be sent to Chowan University. Click here to download the College Transcript Request Form.
- Submit three letters of recommendation pertaining to your teaching experience.
- Submit a typed, two-page maximum, personal statement describing your rationale for pursuing a career as an educator, along with your description of the personal qualities, achievements, and activities that will contribute to your success as an educator.
- Send a copy of your current teacher license or provide proof that you qualify to hold a teaching license.
In addition to the above requirements, International students must
- A satisfactory TOEFL score, unless English is the studentís native language or the language of instruction.
- Transcripts, certificates, and/or diplomas from any institution outside the United States. These must first be submitted to World Education Services (WES) for evaluation before being mailed to the School of Graduate Studies. Application for WES evaluations may be found at www.WES.org.
- A Statement of Financial Responsibility, along with a letter from studentís or sponsorís bank showing the amount necessary to cover one year of graduate study.
- All application materials should be in place at least 90 days in advance of the beginning of the semester.
The Admissions Committee for the School of Graduate Studies will
notify you of an admissions decision by mail after your admissions
file is complete.
Please send your application-supporting materials to:
Office of Admissions
One University Place
Murfreesboro, NC 27855
Specific questions about admission into the School of Graduate Studies may be addressed to Shellie Saxby at email@example.com or call 252-398-6498.