It is increasingly important in today's higher education marketplace to create a strong, memorable brand. In order to create this strong brand identity, Chowan University must express continuity in vision and voice in all that we do. The logo, visuals, and words we use to describe Chowan University will enable us to establish and maintain a clear, unified brand identity, both within the University community and beyond.
The use of the University’s name, logo, seal, etc., for any products or goods by any department, office, club, organization, or team, whether for sale or free distribution, must be approved in advanced by the Marketing and Brand Management Committee.
The committee will review the request and a member of the committee will notify contact person of one of three decisions:
- Further details needed
- Project proposal approved
- Project proposal denied
Best Practices to Ensure Marketing and Brand Management Approval:
- Represent Chowan in positive light
- Use principles of good design
- Incorporate at least two of the following three elements of the Chowan University Brand Identity (choose two):
- Primary Brand Colors (Chowan Blue, Navy Blue, Historic Blue)
- Official Logos or Marks (Institutional, Athletic, Tagline)
- Official Fonts (Crimson, Myriad Pro, Times New Roman, Arial)
- Do not distort, alter, or change official logos in any way
- Do not use retired marks or logos
To get started, download the Chowan Brand Identity Quick Reference.