Chowan is the type of place that values students and really seeks to help them succeed. I love that I get the chance not only to teach the wonderful story of Christianity, but that I also have the time and the encouragement to help students find their own place in that story.
- PhD, Religion/New Testament, Baylor University
- MDiv, Princeton Theological Seminary
- BA, History/Greek, Baylor University
- Understanding the Bible
- Introduction to the Christian Heritage
- Critical Thinking 102: The Parables of Jesus
- Introduction to Ethics
- Ethics Seminar
- History, Literature, and Religion of the New Testament
- Jesus in His Historical Context
- Paul the Apostle
Academic & Scholarly Achievements
Publications & Presentations:
Figuring Jesus: The Power of Rhetorical Figures of Speech in the Gospel of Luke.Biblical Interpretation Series 107, Leiden: Brill, 2011.
"Figuring Jesus: The Characterization of Jesus Through Rhetorical Figures of Speech: The Sermon on the Plain, A Test Case,” SBL National Conference, November 24, 2008.
"The Humbling of the Implied Reader: A Literary Reading of Mark 16:8,” Southwest Commission on Religious Studies, March 16, 2008.
Review of Biblical Literature, September 25, 2010
Book review of Corin Mihaila, The Paul-Apollos Relationship and Paul’s Stance toward Greco-Roman Rhetoric: An Exegetical and Socio-historical Study of 1 Corinthians 1-4, New York: T&T Clark, 2009. Link: http://www.bookreviews.org/BookDetail.asp?TitleId=7567