"After 29 years of teaching in the NC Public School System, I am looking forward to preparing pre-service teachers to work in this noble profession. I have chosen to work at Chowan where I will be able to know the students as individuals and foster their love of teaching and learning."
- PhD, University of North Carolina Greensboro, Educational Studies, Teacher Education and Development
- Post Master's Certificate in Reading, Appalachian State University, K-12 Reading Education
- MA, Appalachian Sate University, K-12 Reading Education
- BA, University of North Carolina Charlotte, 6-9 Middle Grades Education
- EDUC 201 Introduction to Teaching
- EDUC 305 Children’s Literature
- EDUC 450 Methods/Materials for LA/SS
- EDUC 362 Teaching Reading in the Elementary School
- EDUC 400 Classroom Assessment
- EDUC 455 Reading Capstone
Academic & Scholarly Achievements
Teacher of the Year, South Davie Middle School, 2009
Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers Honoree, 2006
Santis, T. (May, 2017). Perceptions of struggling adolescent readers on tier 2 or tier 3 of response to intervention. Retrieved from https://libres.uncg.edu/ir/uncg/listing.aspx?styp=ti&id=21962
Santis, T. (May, 2015). Going 1:1 – A technology facilitator’s experience. North Carolina Association for Middle Level Education Online.