Developing a Professional Perspective is a consistent theme that I focus on when working with Sports Studies majors at Chowan University. Adopting a professional perspective influences how students approach their course work, their extracurricular activities and their relationships with fellow students and instructors. Throughout our program we emphasize three aspects of a professional perspective: 1) professional preparation, 2) professional attitude and 3) professional development. Our ultimate objective is to develop a program where our graduates pursue not only jobs, but fulfilling careers in the sport industry.
- EdD, Higher Education, North Carolina State University
- MAEd, Sports Administration, East Carolina University
- BS, Social Studies, Campbell University
- Introduction to Sport Management
- Legal and Ethical Principles of Sport Management
- Sport Marketing and Public Relations
Academic & Scholarly Achievements
Collins, William Thomas (2012). Key Actor Perceptions of Athletics Strategy(Doctoral dissertation). North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC.