Welcome to Financial Aid

Verification is a review process intended to improve the accuracy of the information submitted on the FAFSA. If selected for verification either by the federal government or by the financial aid office, you may be asked to provide copies of documentation such as:

  • Verification Worksheet 
  • Signed Federal Tax Return(s) for 2018 fall 2020/spring 2021 & use 2019 for fall 2021/spring 2021
  • W-2 Forms
  • Request for Non-Filing Letter- (Please note that this is only for parents (and independent students) who did not file a 2018 Federal Tax Return)
  • Other documents may be required

Once completed, the verification documents should be sent to The Chowan University Financial Aid Office:

Net Partner, Chowan’s online financial aid system, or email

By mail to:

Chowan University
Financial Aid Office
One University Place
Murfreesboro, NC 27855
Fax: (252) 398-6513

You can also deliver the forms in person. The Financial Aid Office is located on the ground floor of the McDowell Columns Building.

Each student and parent must have a unique FSA ID and password in order to apply for Financial Aid. Visit to obtain your FSA ID and set your password.

For your security, we request that you do not send any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) via email or attachments. This may include social security numbers, dates of birth, and other information.